Create a Blog with Mezzanine CMS - The BEST Django CMS
WHAT IS MEZZANINE?
Mezzanine is a powerful, consistent, and flexible content management platform. Built using the Django framework, Mezzanine provides a simple yet highly extensible architecture that encourages diving in and hacking on the code.
In some ways, Mezzanine resembles tools such as WordPress, providing an intuitive interface for managing pages, blog posts, form data, store products, and other types of content. But Mezzanine is also different. Unlike many other platforms that make extensive use of modules or reusable applications, Mezzanine provides most of its functionality by default. This approach yields a more integrated and efficient platform. (Cited from http://mezzanine.jupo.org/)
- Mezzanine Install & Setup
- Overview of the admin section
- A look under the hood of Mezzanine
- Templates, Menus, and Search features
- Introducing our theme / base setup
- Setting up the navigation menu
- Building out the homepage
- Three Mezzanine homepage configurations
- Creating the about page
- Creating forms and the contact page
- Finishing the contact page
- Setting up the blog post list
- Setting up the blog posts
- Final cleanup and a surprise
Hosted on Skillshare. Sign up now and get TWO MONTHS FREE!!
Also Hosted on Udemy
ABOUT THE COURSE
One trait of a good developer is a person that can write code, not copy and paste it only. Or at least doing the former much more than the latter.
I was a copy and paste developer for a long time, relying heavily on Stack Overflow code that I would snatch and then alter to meet the conditions of my own purposes.
Now I’m not saying you can’t do this, but you should reach a point where you can produce a lot of code from scratch, talking through it out loud and actually “writing code.”
You can complete the lessons in sequence, i.e. 12 days, or you can plan to do them every other day, perhaps 3 days a week and complete it all in 4 weeks. It's up to you.
So what are you waiting for?